‘A rare insider’s view of the post-industrial music underground.‘
Spectrum Compendium is finally released. After a monumental amount of work in the background over the last two years, the Spectrum Compendium book is now available for order.
Spectrum: Ambient/ Industrial/ Experimental Music Culture Magazine was one of the most well respected underground zines dealing with post-industrial music in the late 1990s to early 2000s, with a particular focus on the dark ambient, death industrial, heavy electronics, power electronics, neo-classical, martial industrial and neo-folk genres.
This book reproduces facsimile pages of all five issues of the rare, out of print issues of Spectrum Magazine, plus the unpublished issue No 6. It also includes much new material that puts the music scene and its culture into perspective.
Topping out at just short of 400 pages (392), it is available in soft-cover and special hard-back edition with bonus 5 track digital compilation of archival tracks (incl. Toroidh, Navicon Torture Technologies, Militia, Isomer and Chaos As Shelter). The book is full A4 size, so is an absolute brick!!!
Specifically Spectrum Compendium reproduces scanned pages of all five issues of the rare, out of print issues of Spectrum Magazine, plus the unpublished issue No 6, and a wealth of bonus archival material.
Featured interviews: Bad Sector / Black Lung / Brighter Death Now / Caul / Cold Spring / Crowd Control Activities / C17H19No3 / Death In June / Der Blutharsch / Desiderii Marginis / Deutsch Nepal / Dream Into Dust / Endvra / Folkstorm / Genocide Organ / Gruntsplatter / Hazard / House Of Low Culture / I-Burn / Ildfrost / Imminent Starvation / Inade / IRM / Iron Halo Device / Isomer / John Murphy / Kerovnian / Knifeladder / LAW / Malignant Records / Megaptera / Middle Pillar / Militia / MZ.412 / Navicon Torture Technologies / Nový Svět / Ordo Equilibrio / The Protagonist / Raison D’être / Sanctum / Schloss Tegal / Shining Vril / Shinjuku Thief / Skincage / Slaughter Productions / Spectre / StateArt / Stone Glass Steel / Stratvm Terror / Terra Sancta / Tertium Non Data / Toroidh / Tribe Of Circle / Warren Mead / Vox Barbara / Yen Pox
- Foreword commentary by: Klaus Hilger/ Tesco Organisation, Justin Mitchell/ Cold Spring Records, Mikko Aspa/ Freak Animal Records, Henrik ‘Nordvargr’ Bjorkk/ MZ.412, Jason Mantis/ Malignant Records, Rene Lehmann / Loki Foundation. Stephen Petrus/ Murderous Vision/ Live Bait Recording Foundation, David Tonkin/ Isomer.
- Introduction covering the backstory of Spectrum Magazine.
- 600+ detailed reviews of dark ambient / industrial / experimental / heavy electronics / neo-folk / power electronics releases.
- 2001 archival interview with Spectrum Magazine’s creator Richard Stevenson.
- Live performance photo archive, covering 40 artists at eleven underground industrial shows in Melbourne, London, Switzerland & Sweden between 2000-2002.
- Personal correspondence archive, including selected letters, flyers and postcards.
A 20% discount code applies for a short time, which can be applied when ordering through the Headpress site: HPMAR20