Born Neil Andrew Megson in 1950, reborn as artist Genesis P-Orridge in 1971, reborn again as a gender-erasing pandrogyne with h/er other half Lady Jaye since 1993 – Genesis Breyer P-Orridge has never let art, life or evolution stand in the way of imagination. Working with First Third Books, artist Leigha Mason and music journalist Mark Paytress, Genesis has drawn together a controversial lifetime of memories in a special package available to only 333 customers world-wide.
This deluxe edition includes:
- A 323 page book, printed in Italy, in 6 colours (including silver Pantone) on 170gm Gardamat paper in 20cm x 27cm hardback, with a white linen spine, a mat varnished embossed cover and offering:
- More than 350 selected images from h/er very personal archives and portraits from renowned international photographers
- An introduction by Mark Paytress exploring the motivations that drive Genesis to surrender h/er physical body to art
- Personal commentary by Genesis on photographs throughout the book.
- The book will be numbered and signed by Genesis.
- A 96 page catalogue of h/er artworks and h/er collaborations with Lady Jaye, many appearing in a current retrospective at the Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh, USA.
- Three 7 inch singles, pressed on colored (white, orange and silver) vinyl with original picture labels and presented in specially-designed record sleeves. Four tracks have been created specifically for this project, and the third single is comprised of conversations recorded by Mark, with both Genesis and fellow pandrogyne Lady Jaye.
- A 51cm square poster of intimate and explicit Polaroids revealing Genesis and Lady Jaye’s exploration of their bodies in their spiritual quest. Suitable for framing, but not for the easily-shocked.
- The deluxe edition is housed in a linen bound Japanese-inspired presentation box with a cut-out PTV logo and weighs over 2.5 kilos.
Genesis has selected h/er unseen and personal photographs to illustrate h/er journey of life as continuous creativity. H/er time with legendary bands Throbbing Gristle and Psychic TV are included, as are many of the myriad band members over the decades like Sleazy, John Balance, David Tibet, and Alex Fergusson. Fans looking for categorical photo histories of the complete band lineups should seek solace elsewhere, but appreciators of Genesis’s physical and psychic evolution will be enthralled by this special testament to a life spent exploring the outer limits of creative expression. The deluxe edition will be ready for shipping from September 2013 . Viva La Revolution!
The standard edition consists of the 323 page book and is limited to 990 copies
For further information and a peak inside the book: First Third Books