On the occasion of the second Epicurean Escapism Festival 15th of June 2013 a CD/DVD compilation was released, including a CD with exclusive tracks by the performing artists Ke/Hil, Post Scriptum, Anemone Tube, Dieter Müh & Trepaneringsritualen, a DVD by Con-Dom with super 8 short films and experimental movies created by Mike Dando in the 1980s to early 1990s and finally digitally restored in 2013 and a 20-page catalogue with essays & art works.
Epicurean Escapism II CD:
- Ke/Hil – Dark Germany
- Anemone Tube – Apocalyptic Fantasy
- Anemone Tube – Accumulations
- Post Scriptvm – Leprous Driver
- Trepaneringsritualen – Vanärat Är Ditt Namn
- Trepaneringsritualen – End of Flesh
- Dieter Müh – Bethlehem
Playtime: 53 minutes
Anemone Tube – Apocalyptic Fantasy
Post Scriptvm – Leprous Driver
Con-Dom – We Who Were Living Are Now Dying DVD:
This DVD contains super-8 short films and experimental movies created by Mike Dando in the 1980’s to early 1990’s, and has finally been digitally restored in 2013.
- Impressions of a System
- The Coming of Christ
- Our Pleasure in the Pain/Vilification
- All in Good Faith 1
- All in Good Faith 2 (Get Right with God)
- Hunger for Death
Playtime: 55 minutes
Catalogue : With 20 pages of essays and art works by:
- Alex Tennigkeit is an artist lives and works in Berlin who extracts, from an omnipresent flood of media, images and fuse them with (art-) historical references to create works of high symbolic content. Parallel to the antithetic philosophy of the Baroque towards life (Carpe Diem and Memento Mori), her imagery meanders between concrete existential themes and superficial motifs of desire, as they are represented in our present society.
- Andrew Liles not an unfamiliar name to us folks here at Heathen Harvest. The prolific artist that he is, his musical catalog has well over one-hundred releases to date. In addition to his solo works he has collaborated and or performed live with Steven Stapleton (NWW), Colin Potter, The Hafler Trio, Matthew Waldron ( irr. app. (ext.) and David Tibet as Current 93 to name a few.
- Carmen Burguess Along with Tomás Nochteff comprise the band Mueran Humanos, created as an art project in 2006, working on installations, video, collage, prints and music. Her visual work can be seen on their releases, as well as the Seventeen series, which strikes a very clever and creative balance between the kitsch of the 1950’s, horror, and magazines aimed at teenage girls.
- Dennis Rudolph is a German artist. He makes landscapes, portraits and allegorical scenes in oil paint or graphics. Rudolph makes these historical genres available for a contemporary artistic approach. His series of portraits, often sourced from old photographs and painted in grisaille, recall Gerhard Richter’s 48 portraits of dead American and European intellectuals.His subject matter ranges from meticulous portraits to engaging apocalyptic arrangements of iconography and architecture. The artist examines and reinterprets historical events that influence the underlying narratives permeating his works.
- Philip Best is a man with an über Industrial pedigree; having been part of Ramleh, Skullflower, Whitehouse, and up to the present day, Consumer Electronics.
- Rudolf EB.ER aka Runzelstirn & Gurgelstøck is an expert in scientific illustration, martial and therapeutic arts expert, also in psycho-graphics, psycho-dynamic acoustics and founder of the audio-artists and actionist collective Schimpfluch in 1987, regarded as ‘art-brut shamanist‘, EB.er’s path leads down through the unconscious, deepest regions of the human psyche and animal instinct.
- Conception, compilation and design: The Epicurean 2013
- Curation of the visual artists & essay: Uwe Schneider/African Paper 2012/13
- CD mastering: Phil Julian 2013
- DVD editing & mastering: Industrial Recollections 2013
DVD Format: Region free PAL (playable on any computer and any DVD Player, which can play PAL with no restriction coded for any region)
- Released by: The Epicurean (D), Silken Tofu (BE) & Peripheral Records (UK)
- Release Date: 15th of June 2013
- Edition: Limited. hand numbered 350 copies
- Packaging: luxurious 6 panel 21 x 15 cm folder + 20-page catalogue, printed on matte image paper with dispersion varnish and packaged in a transparent, sealable bag